Fall is a beautiful season, but in the South, it’s often overlooked in favor of spring and summer weddings.
Here are 12 great reasons you should consider a fall wedding.
- It’s the “sweet spot” between the heat and the cold. Y’all know how blessed the relief from the heat is if you’re from the South. Just the thought of fall makes me smile.
- If your ceremony is outdoors, there are fewer insects to worry about. No one wants to deal with that if they can avoid it.
- The changing colors of the season are so beautiful you hardly need to decorate your venue(s) – nature will do the majority of it for you. Plus you can use natural elements for your decor - think pumpkins, gourds, wheat, cotton...the list is endless.
- The summer crowds have gone home. Enough said.
- No need to plan around people’s summer vacations – or yours, for that matter!
- Event prices usually begin to decrease in October or November (depending on your area). Plus, your creative team may have more flexibility in what they can offer you in the fall.
- Less humidity means your makeup stays on your face and your hair doesn’t get as frizzy. A Southerner’s worst nightmare!
- There’s something about the slight chill in the air that makes you want to snuggle up to your partner and celebrate your love, which is what weddings are all about.
- Apple cider and hot chocolate specialty bars…yes, please!
- You can rock a dress with sleeves or throw your favorite cardigan over your dress. It's also a great time to break out heavier suits. Sleek, on-trend, and oh-so-stylish!
- It’s the perfect time of year to go on your honeymoon. You get to spend time with your new spouse AND look at the beautiful scenery changing colors!
- Blazing fires, a chic fire-pit, or fall scented candles can really set an autumn mood for your guests. Use them for a relaxed rehearsal dinner or a cozy cocktail hour.
So there you have it...12 great reasons to have a fall wedding in the South. Will you be having a fall wedding? Tell us why in the comments!